lundi 24 septembre 2007

SOPHIA COPPOLA ( Julien )


After a short film (" lick the star"), which was quite successful, Sophia Coppola directed a full-length movie entitled " Virgin Suicides", which was even more impressive. This is the real story of a girl who decides to kill herself. This first film, by Francis Ford Coppola's daughter, was inspired by an atrocious piece of news. Some people may think that the movie is a bit slow, maybe even boring. Actually, as early as the beginning of the film, the exceptional music track created by the French group AIR, casts a spell on the spectator. For Sophia Coppola, music is something essential for the progress of the film. It works as a sort of third character that we also find in her two major following movies : "Lost in translation" and the brilliant "Marie-Antoinette". I'd like to insist on the awesome performances of kirsten Dunst, James Woods and Kathleen Turner.
So, I recommend all movies by Sophia Coppola for she is extremely talented.
It is to be noticed that Sophia Coppola made members of her family participate in her films (among whom her brother Roman and her cousins Chris Niel and Robert Schwartzman- the Louis XVI of Marie-Antoinette).

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I agree with yOu,

It's a really gOod film!

The musics are fantastics...

And I lOve Kristen Dunst (*)

Julia

Anonyme a dit…

Mme Cherubin wrote:
I have not yet seen the movie but I will pretty soon. My agenda is quite full at the moment! Great review Julien!!! If I may correct one word. In English you do not say "Talentous", you say "talented". Why? I do not know, but there it is.